There’s an increasing interest to be data-driven in your business. To know what the consumers and competitors are up to and adjust your business accordingly. At Compelling Software, we’re looking at providing retail insights based on various data sources. We’re just about to enter beta test with our latest approach: a clever combined shopping list and consumer panel registration app. Read more below – and contact us if you’re interested in hearing more!
Reuse shopping list data for insights
Early 2019, we launched Grosh Reports which is an innovative service that leverages shopping list data provided by consumers. This makes it possible to get retail insights at the fraction of the cost of the traditional census or interview based approach. At the same time it opens up for insights you’ve never had before! Some examples:
- What do consumers leave the store without – what’s still on the list?
- How long does a consumer have a particular grocery on the list?
- If a certain grocery is on a list, what is also on that list?
- Does a store attract consumers with more high value groceries than others?
This is also described further at https://compellingsoftware.com/retail-reports/
Recruit consumers to offer their purchase receipt
As something new, we’re now also offering our platform for agencies to recruit consumers having shopped at a store to upload their receipts. You pay Compelling Software to harvest receipts for a store in a particular country for a period of time. We identify users that have and most likely will do shopping trips to the store of interest and onboard them by offering your compensation per receipt (minus a cut to cover our expenses).
With this approach, there is no longer any need to recruit people on the ground to interview consumers leaving the store and taking photos of receipts. Grosh can digitalize the entire process 🙂
New Consumer Panel App
Finally, we have a new variant on the way of Grosh, our grocery shopping list app. It’s going to be a separate app that lets agencies track grocery shopping habits amongst a consumer panel.
Today, many agencies operate consumer panels where the participants post-register their purchases. What we’ve done is to combine the Grosh grocery shopping list app with the post-registration process and made one simple solution covering both.
This means that consumers no longer have to post-register their purchases as data is collected during shopping. The consumer scans everything being bought and this automatically crosses out matching items on the shopping list at the same time. The app also collects location, store name, time, sequence of items bought just as the normal Grosh app does. In addition EAN, quantity and price is also collected. Everything is stored for download from our servers in a structured format, ready to be integrated into the agency own systems.
We’re looking to offer this solution exclusively to one agency globally, but are also open to local agreements. With our solution you get
- Leading innovative shopping app as part of the consumer panel app
- Happy consumer panel participants as they save time on post registration
- A long term solution keeping your agency ahead of the competing agencies
- A well proven solution
- Low price compared to developing a hybrid solution like ours from the ground up
- Exclusive ownership of the collected data, it’s yours
- Opportunity to find consumer panel participants from the normal Grosh user base
- and much more!